Many of us are living with the sense that things are not right with the world and are in a state of spiritual PTSD. We have retreated, morally and psychologically; we are experiencing a crisis of disconnection—from one another, from our true values, from joy, and from life as we feel we are meant to be living it. Sarah Wilson argues that this sense of despair and disconnection is ironically what unites us—that deep down, we are all feeling that same itch for a new way of living. Drawing on science, literature, philosophy and the wisdom of some of the world’s leading experts, and her personal journey, Wilson offers a hopeful path forward to the life we love. En route, she shows us how to wake up and reconnect with life using “wild practices” that include:
· Hike. Embrace the “walking cure” as great minds throughout history have.
· Go to your edge. Do what scares you and embrace discomfort daily.
· #Buylesslivemore. Break the cycle of mindless consumption and get light with your life.
· Become a soul nerd. Light up your intellect with the arts.
· Get “full-fat spiritual”. Have an active practice and use it to change the world.
· Practice wild activism. Through sustained, non-violent protest we can create our better world.
The time has come to boldly, wildly imagine better. We are being called upon, individually and as a society, to forge a new path and to find a new way of living. Will you join the journey?
Postage is calculated at 10% of your order value, up to a maximum of £3.00. There is a free postage option at checkout if you are housebound/shielding, on low income, or need help with postage costs for any other reason. Your order will usually arrive within 2-3 working days. Delivery prices and times to other countries may vary (prices calculated at checkout).