Exploring castles, museums and manor houses, megaliths, moors, mountains and lakes, this lavishly illustrated travel guide covers the rich history of magic and the occult in Britain and Northern Ireland and its inextricable bond with the landscape.
Delve into a world of witchcraft, ancient rituals, and occult ceremonies.
From the ancient stone circles of the Cornish moors to the wealthy manor houses of Hampshire, from the windswept headlands of Northumbria to the golden streets of Oxford, from the turbulent Scottish borderlands to the rugged Causeway Coast, this guide ventures into hundreds of locations with magical links, exploring the works of authors and creators inspired by their strange, numinous beauty; the lives of the occultists, witches, and cunning folk who inhabited them; and the legends that persist.
Explore over 500 locations with magical links.
• The Scottish mansion where Aleister Crowley summoned the Lords of Hell
• The Cotswolds town that worshipped Pan
• The desolate moors that inspired Conan Doyle’s ghostly hound
• The library where Elizabethan magus John Dee conjured a demon
• The “evil oratory” where Sir Gawain met the Green Knight
• The gateway to Fairyland in Iona
• The spectral Yorkshire town that inspired Dracula
• The ancient forest where Gerald Gardner’s coven performed a ritual to prevent the German invasion
… and many more.
Includes film, TV, and literary locations of folk horror and occult classics.
Postage is calculated at 10% of your order value, minimum £1.00, up to a maximum of £3.00. There is a free postage option at checkout if you are housebound/shielding, on low income, or need help with postage costs for any other reason. Your order will usually arrive within 2-3 working days.